19th International Symposium on Waste Management, Resource Recovery and Sustainable Landfilling
Sardinia Symposium is a biennial event organized by IWWG – International Waste Working Group since 1987, which usually gathers more than 700 participants from all around the world, with over 400 papers presented at each edition, making the Sardinia Symposium the most important solid waste management conference in the world.
The programme of Sardinia 2023 will include leading keynote presentations, parallel oral sessions, workshops, active labs and other practical activities, discussion forums, initiatives for EU projects, poster presentations, commercial exhibition, business meetings, outstanding networking opportunities and exciting social events!
The Call for Abstracts has been re-opened with new topics and a new deadline: 30th April 2023.
Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations and should be formatted according to the provided template. Read more about the submission procedure >>
Workshop proposals are also welcome.
- Waste policy and legislation
- Waste management strategies
- Public concern and education
- Waste Management assessment and decision tools
- Waste characterization
- Waste collection
- Waste minimisation and recycling
- Biological treatment • Thermal treatment
- Mechanical biological treatment prior to landfilling
- Sanitary landfilling • Integrated wastewater and solid waste management
- Waste management and climate change
- Waste management in developing and low income countries
- Waste Architecture
- Environmental Forensics
- Waste & Health
- Smart and digital waste management
- Construction & Demolition waste from disaster waste (natural events, wars, etc.)
- New issues on Geosynthetics in environmental application
- Control of Emerging Contaminants (EC) and nanoparticles in waste management •
- Control of Micro- & Nanoplastics (MNP) in waste management
- Circular Economy • Biodiversity and waste management
- Digital solutions for waste management & circular economy
- Waste Art